Sunday, October 19, 2014

Skillet Squash

Squash is one of my favorite vegetables. It is hardy versatile and easy to prepare. Another thing I love about this this side dish is that it’s prepared in a cast iron skillet. Maybe it’s because I was raised in the South or just my imagination. Either way I honestly believe everything tastes better when it’s cooked in a well-seasoned iron skillet. If your skillet isn’t cast iron don’t worry you can use whatever you have.
Yellow Squash, Red Onion


What You’ll Need:
2-4 yellow squash
1 medium red onion
¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Yellow Squash, Red Onions


Putting It All Together:
Slice squash into ¼ inch pieces
Slice red onion into narrow pieces
In a large bowl combine ingredients until coated with EVOO evenly
Pour into warm skillet and cook until squash and onion are soft and
semi-transparent
That’s all there is to it. Easy-peasy fast and easy.
Happy Cooking Y’all!

Susanne



5 comments:

  1. My mom use to make this when I was little. It was one of my favorites. I forgot about it until I read this post. Thanks for the memory! I will definitely make this this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your going to make it. It's so good and easy that I make it pretty often. I hope your family loves it!
      Susanne

      Delete
  2. That sounds really yummy! (From Good Tips Tuesdsy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sooo good. It's also really simple to make. I hope you give it a try!
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the taste, but lightness of yellow squash. It is absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete